IntroductionOn January 1, 2004, the third phase of the Canadian Federal Law about Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) came into effect. This Act governs information collected as part of commercial activity by any private sector organisation. It states that information must be gathered with consent, collected for a reasonable purpose, used for the limited purpose for which it was gathered, be accurate, be open for the owner's inspection and correction, and stored securely. Zaui Software Ltd. already maintains a high level of security with respect to the confidentiality of your personal information but we are now obligated by law to advise and obtain consent to the terms of collection, disclosure and storage of your data.
The following outlines our 10 principles to which we adhere in protecting your personal information.
1. AccountabilityZaui Software Ltd. is responsible to protect all personal information under its control or transferred to a third party for processing. Personal information can include name, home address and phone number, age, identification numbers, credit information, customer preferences and other items that personally relate to you as an individual. Zaui Software Ltd. has appointed a Privacy Officer, who is responsible for our accountability and compliance.
2. Identifying PurposesWhenever personal information is collected by Zaui Software Ltd. , we will identify why the information is being collected and how it will be used. If we have collected information in the past, we will not use it for any other purpose than that expressly stated at the time of collection. The reasons personal information is collected by Zaui Software Ltd. include:
Type of Information Collected
The type of information we collect from you relates to your reservation or potential booking with us. This may include: name, address, contact information, travel insurance requirements, travel needs (medical/dietary or physical restrictions), preferences, identity validation on services such as traveller's cheques, credit information for payment purposes, and publicly available information.
How it's Collected
Information is collected directly from you through surveys, online registration, and requests for information. It is also collected through our call centre or sometimes through third party partners who have made the reservation for you (Travel Agencies, Tour Operators, Tour Wholesalers). Personal information may also be collected through an employment application.
3. ConsentYour consent will be obtained either in person, through writing, email, telephone, or the Internet. Sometimes consent may be implied (eg. when transferring relevant information to a hotel partner). Also, Zaui Software Ltd. may occasionally ask for written or verbal confirmation that the information collected and maintained is accurate and that your consent is still provided to maintain this information.
Under certain circumstances Zaui Software Ltd. will need to disclose your personal information without your consent. This may include:
4. Limiting CollectionInformation collected will only be expressly used for the purpose outlined at the time of collection. Zaui Software Ltd. will not indiscriminately collect or maintain personal information on its guests or employees.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and RetentionZaui Software Ltd. does not disclose your personal information for any purposes other than, for which it was originally collected, unless we have first obtained consent from you. We do not sell or rent your personal information and we will not retain the information for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected.
6. AccuracyPersonal information will be maintained in an accurate, complete and up-to-date format as is necessary and reasonably practical to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
7. SafeguardsZaui Software Ltd. protects your personal information by security safeguards, which are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. These include premises security; locked filing cabinets; information technology security such as restricted access to specific programs, firewalls and software security; and restricting access to personal information only to those employees and partners to which it is necessary. We keep our employees up-to-date on policies and procedures regarding protecting personal information.
We may use the services of a third party to process personal information. However, we ensure there are confidentiality agreements in place so that your information is protected while in their possession.
9. Individual AccessUpon written request, Zaui Software Ltd. will inform you if we are maintaining any personal information about you. If so, we will provide it for your review of accuracy and completeness and will amend it as appropriate. However, Zaui Software Ltd. reserves the right to confirm your identity before providing this personal information. Zaui Software Ltd. can refuse access in certain circumstances including when granting access would have an unreasonable impact on the personal privacy of others, when the request is frivolous or when it may impact Zaui Software Ltd. rights and property.
10. Challenging ComplianceZaui Software Ltd. compliance with this policy may be challenged by directing concerns or complaints to the Privacy Officer by any of the above-mentioned methods.